DR DOS 7.03
DR-DOS is the ideal embedded DOS system, designed for straight forward out-of-the-box implementation into ROM or
Flash ROM. DRDOS makes these tools and associated documents available in the DRDOS OEM Kit.
- 100‰ compatible with MS-DOS 6.22.
- Comprehensive DOS utility set
- Multitasking, with API for developers
- Includes 286/386/486/Pentium DPMS memory manager in addition to DPMI
- Stacker disk compression
- NWCACHE – disk caching program
- EMM386 memory manager
- DOS Protected Mode Services (DPMS)
- DR-DOS provides a full multitasking environment on Pentium, 486, or 386-based hardware. This is built into the memory management extensions provided in the operating system, and is accessible
for standard un-aware applications when using the Task manager (Taskmgr) utility. Programs however can have direct access to create separate threads etc, via the extended Application Programming Interface.
- DPMS – A memory manager that works on 286/386/486/Pentium-based PCs, allowing device drivers to reside outside of the regular DOS application area. Drivers or Terminate stay-resident applications can thereby avoid using valuable application memory.
- ROM tools available